Sunday, February 13, 2011

crash test darling

today i'm listening to: rilo kiley - potions for foxes

dead animals? guess so?

AND: ra ra riot - can you tell

yum and a half.
When I look into your eyes
I tend to lose my thoughts
Don't forget your stare
Oh what was that you said
"i will not mind my manners. I will mind my mind" -jk

lately, life's been beating me up.
for serious - i've got battle wounds...
and this is NOT how you shake a parade
BUT -- what matters when all this goes down,
and down the proverbial drain,
is how we get out of it.
sometimes, it's these tests that motivate me more,
and show me what we're all about.
sometimes I need a speed-bump or two.
(or in london, a "hump" or two.)
--was that a wink? or is something in your eye?--
sometimes picking up the pieces
is so much better than trying to jam
those puzzle pieces together.
suddenly, i'm motivated
and back on top of the world.
time to do, not watch.
watching is so 2000-and-late
best part about it is - i have a plan.
and let me say, it's a really good plan.
it's an awesome plan.
a mother-effing, awesomely-good plan.
life is better when we want things.
and when we make them happen.
for ourselves.
which, by no means, does it mean it'll be easy
it's going to be a challenge,
it's going to be hard,
and it's probably going to kill me.
but i'm going to beat everyone to the punch.
and while i'm at it.. i'll spike the punch.

[[that's the anthem. now throw your damn hands up.]]

i am not young enough
to know everything - oscar wilde

when it doesn't work out...
i'll fall 7 times. and stand up 8 times.

"How wonderful it is
that nobody need wait a single moment
before starting to improve the world" - anne frank

and the suspense is terrible
but i hope it lasts...

confidence is much sexier
determination is the new black
and a little leopard print never hurt anyone
on a school bus
?


because i'll give the world something new to "oooo" and "ahhhh" about
and in between? why not some "oo-la-las"

-don't let the man get you down. unless it's a boogie down... then GO AHEAD
AND GET DOWN
time to celebrate an ending. because it
precedes my new beginning.

"new knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. the more truth we have to work with, the richer we become" - kurt vonnegut
"part of me suspects that i'm a loser,
and the other part of me thinks i'm god almighty"
- john lennon

and until then - i'm eating a spoon-full of sugar, pursuing fabulousity, falling down laughing, and teaching mick jagger how to get some satisfaction.

xoxo. - jess

1 comment: